Coming soon: Latin Evening benefit concert for Puerto Rico at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 25. Suggested contribution, $20.00. Watch, too, for more information on the church’s December 9 concert, a joyous community event featuring guest artists and our own Gospel Choir.
Our church-sponsored concerts are offered free to the general public. Donations are received and have contributed to the church’s community food pantry, tsunami and hurricane relief and other projects.
The concerts take place in the church sanctuary, a space blessed by fine acoustics.
During the years of providing music, we have featured:
- A New Look At… Le Nozze di Figaro: Readings from Beaumarchais’ play and scenes from Mozart’s opera, performed by the Metro Opera Project
- All Soul’s Day Concert by the Neuravian Brass Ensemble, playing songs for the remembrance of the dead
- A Valentine Concertby young opera singers presented by the Westchester Summer Vocal Institute
- Amahl and the Night Visitors, Menotti’s opera performed for a Three Kings Day by Patricia Ruiz and friends
- An Afternoon of Opera: Operatic selections offered by young performers from the Westchester Summer Vocal Institute
- A Concert Version of Don Giovanni, the opera
- Gospel Festivals featuring the West End Gospel Choir, Radiance, and soloists
- Opera and Song Works by Chausson, Debussey, Strauss, Donaudy, and others, performed by soprano Jennifer Toohey and tenor Brian Register
- Operatic selections from L’africana, Lakme, I Lombardi, Rusalka and more, with Patricia Ruiz and friends and with Michael Pilafian, piano
- Patrick Carfuzzi, a Metropolitan Opera bass-baritone, in an intimate family concert
- Regina Zona, soprano, singing the American repertoire she recently highlighted on a South Africa tour
- Paul Robeson: A Celebration of Culture, soprano Cheryl Warfield’s exploration of the life of the famous African American legend through spirituals performed by classically trained vocal artists and historical narrative, using the life and writings of the legendary Paul Robeson as the dramatic focus
- Pergolesi’s Stabat Mater and Sacred Lenten Musicby Patricia Ruiz, soprano, Anne Born, mezzo-soprano, and Maestro Jorge Parodi, piano
- Piano works by Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and Rachmaninoff, performed by Jocelyn Drummond, Chloe Drummond, and Hyung-Min Suh
- The Marrriage of Figaro in Concert Performance, a work by Mozart performed by Kelly Ingram and friends
- Winter Songsfeaturing works by Hundley, Hoiby, Cowell, Carter, Kilpinen, Merikanto, Gothoni, Dvorak, Korngold, Wolf, Reger and Strauss performed by Julia Rolwing, soprano, and Maestro Steven Crawford of the Metropolitan Opera
- Zarzuela, and Opera Arias and Duets, a recital performed by Patricia Ruiz, soprano, and friends
Our church concert series has been directed by George Voorhis. Send an e-mail to contact the Concert Series.